Duke Farms Community Garden Donation Program
The purpose of the Duke Farm Giving Gardens is to produce fresh, organic vegetables to share with members of the community who are in need.
Hillsborough Food Bank
Food Bank Network of Somerset County
Safe + Sound Somerset
1st pickup of the season: Monday, May 22 @ 10am
• Produce will be picked up every Monday after that point.
• Please leave your donations in the "Donation Station" before 10 am.
• Brush off dirt and place food into crates in the coolbot.
• Label hot peppers and any unusual produce.
Additional days will be added as the season progresses. Check here often for schedule updates!
Volunteering will be done online this year! Here's how it works:
1. Click this link to go to our invitation page http://signup.com/go/eNqUsTB
2. Enter your email address. You will NOT need to register an account.
3. Choose your spots! SignUp.com will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy!
2015: 1,604 pounds
2016: 3,190 pounds
2017 GOAL: 3,500 pounds!
How is the game played?If using a handheld GPS device (such as a Garmin, Magellan, Lowrance, etc.):
- Register for a free basic membership on geocaching.com.
- Visit the Hide & Seek a Cache page to locate a cache nearby.
- Select a cache to view its cache page which lists the cache description, GPS coordinates, and other instructions on how to find the cache.
- Load the coordinates into your GPS device and naviagate to the hidden cache.
- Sign the logbook inside the cache and log your visit online on geocaching.com.
- Download geocaching.com app from your app store (there is an Intro version which only allows you to navigate to 3 caches before it makes you upgrade and there is the full version which is $9.99).
- Log-in using your geocaching.com username or create a free geocaching.com username if you do not have one.
- Once logged in, press "Find Nearby Caches."
- Choose the appropriate cache from the list. The cache page should appear.
- Press "Navigate to Cache." A map should appear showing your location in relation to the cache location.
- Navigate to the cache and sign the logbook when you find it. Go back to the cache page and press "Post a Log/Field Note" to post a log online.
Duke Farms GeoTrail
The Duke Farms GeoTrail is a geocaching challenge consisting of 11 different caches placed around the property. It is a unique journey through a variety of native habitats and landscapes.
To complete the challenge you have to fill out the GeoTrail brochure and uncover the secret word, then present your completed brochure to the front desk staff in the Orientation Center to receive your commemorative token (GeoTrail brochures are available at the front desk in the Orientation Center).