Guidelines & FAQ
Duke Farms values the visitor experience. In order to provide a distraction-free environment for our visitors, we do not allow solicitation of any type or petitioning of any kind from any outside, non-sanctioned entity on Duke Farms property, regardless of the organization or cause being represented.
Commercial Solicitation means promoting or otherwise selling, purchasing or offering goods and services for sale or purchase, distributing advertising materials, conducting fee based classes or tours, commercial or "charter" bus tours, distribution of circulars or product samples, or engaging in any other conduct relating to any outside business interests or for profit or personal economic benefit on Duke Farms property or using Duke Farms resources.
Solicitation also includes, but is not limited to, the circulation or distribution of literature, brochures, handbills, leaflets, signage, pamphlets, notices, cards, advertising, promotional items, petitions, registrations, etc. Informational tables and booths are not permitted, except in connection with events and meetings that have been approved in advance and in writing by Duke Farms.
Duke Farms property includes the grounds, buildings, parking lots and other facilities.
Refusal to follow Duke Farms Policies
If any individual or group does not comply with the above conditions; Duke Farms reserves the right to prohibit the solicitation, to deny access to the property, to request that the individual or group leave the premises, and to deny future access to the property.
How is the game played?If using a handheld GPS device (such as a Garmin, Magellan, Lowrance, etc.):
- Register for a free basic membership on geocaching.com.
- Visit the Hide & Seek a Cache page to locate a cache nearby.
- Select a cache to view its cache page which lists the cache description, GPS coordinates, and other instructions on how to find the cache.
- Load the coordinates into your GPS device and naviagate to the hidden cache.
- Sign the logbook inside the cache and log your visit online on geocaching.com.
- Download geocaching.com app from your app store (there is an Intro version which only allows you to navigate to 3 caches before it makes you upgrade and there is the full version which is $9.99).
- Log-in using your geocaching.com username or create a free geocaching.com username if you do not have one.
- Once logged in, press "Find Nearby Caches."
- Choose the appropriate cache from the list. The cache page should appear.
- Press "Navigate to Cache." A map should appear showing your location in relation to the cache location.
- Navigate to the cache and sign the logbook when you find it. Go back to the cache page and press "Post a Log/Field Note" to post a log online.
Duke Farms GeoTrail
The Duke Farms GeoTrail is a geocaching challenge consisting of 11 different caches placed around the property. It is a unique journey through a variety of native habitats and landscapes.
To complete the challenge you have to fill out the GeoTrail brochure and uncover the secret word, then present your completed brochure to the front desk staff in the Orientation Center to receive your commemorative token (GeoTrail brochures are available at the front desk in the Orientation Center).