When does the Market run?
What products do you carry?
Who are the vendors?
How do I become a vendor?
Do you have special events/programming at the Market?
Is there parking?
Can I bring my dog with me to the Market?
Q: When does the Market run?
A: May - October, every Sunday from 10am - 2pm.
November - April, Winter and Holiday Markets run on a monthly basis. Please check our Facebook Farmer's Market page for more info.
Q: What products do you carry?
A: Local produce, eggs, cheese, jams, baked goods, sauces and salsa, nut butter, pickles, honey, hot sauce, wine, coffee, fresh bread, meat, and beef jerky are among some of the goods we have at the Market. During Winter/Holiday Markets, we have all aforementioned goods as well as sustainable wool winter wear.
Q: Who are the vendors?
A: Our vendors are local farms and small businesses. Here is a list of our regular Market vendors.
Q: How do I become a vendor?
A: Please contact the market manager, William Wilson if you are interested in becoming a vendor at our Market.
Q: Do you have special events/programming at the Market?
A: Our Farmers Market has classes and programs focused on farming, horticulture, gardening, permaculture, cooking, and food systems. For our current offerings of programs, click here.
Q: Is there parking?
A: We have on-site parking on Farm Market Sundays.
Q: Can I bring my dog with me to the Market?
A: Sorry, but no pets are allowed as a commitment to minimize disturbance to other visitors as well as the natural habitat at Duke Farms. However, true service dogs that perform a task to benefit an owner with a disability are allowed.
How is the game played?If using a handheld GPS device (such as a Garmin, Magellan, Lowrance, etc.):
- Register for a free basic membership on geocaching.com.
- Visit the Hide & Seek a Cache page to locate a cache nearby.
- Select a cache to view its cache page which lists the cache description, GPS coordinates, and other instructions on how to find the cache.
- Load the coordinates into your GPS device and naviagate to the hidden cache.
- Sign the logbook inside the cache and log your visit online on geocaching.com.
- Download geocaching.com app from your app store (there is an Intro version which only allows you to navigate to 3 caches before it makes you upgrade and there is the full version which is $9.99).
- Log-in using your geocaching.com username or create a free geocaching.com username if you do not have one.
- Once logged in, press "Find Nearby Caches."
- Choose the appropriate cache from the list. The cache page should appear.
- Press "Navigate to Cache." A map should appear showing your location in relation to the cache location.
- Navigate to the cache and sign the logbook when you find it. Go back to the cache page and press "Post a Log/Field Note" to post a log online.
Duke Farms GeoTrail
The Duke Farms GeoTrail is a geocaching challenge consisting of 11 different caches placed around the property. It is a unique journey through a variety of native habitats and landscapes.
To complete the challenge you have to fill out the GeoTrail brochure and uncover the secret word, then present your completed brochure to the front desk staff in the Orientation Center to receive your commemorative token (GeoTrail brochures are available at the front desk in the Orientation Center).