If you've tried to go to any natural area lately, you probably noticed that things are a little bit crowded. In fact, you may notice that some places - including Duke Farms - close the parking lots when at maximum capacity.
While we are happy that you love Duke Farms, we also want you to share the love with other outdoor destinations. Feel free to bookmark this page if you happen to find our gates closed on a busy and beautiful Saturday.
Below are some of our friends’ properties that you can visit.
- Natirar Estate (2 Main Street, Gladstone, NJ) - Old estate with a mansion, trails, rolling hills, nature.
- Duke Island Park (Old York Road, Bridgewater, NJ) - Great for bicycling and picnicking.
- Sourland Mountain Preserve (East Mountain Road, Hillsborough, NJ) Rugged trail, boulders, beautiful trees, gorgeous views.
- Colonial Park (Metlars Lane, Somerset, NJ) Great for bicycling & picnicking. Formal gardens, trails.
- Even more trails can be found on our favorite app, AllTrails!