Duke Farms Community Garden Donation Program
The purpose of the Duke Farm Giving Gardens is to produce fresh, organic vegetables to share with members of the community who are in need.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hillsborough Food Bank
Safe + Sound Somerset
Bound Brook Salvation Army Food Pantry
Jewish Family Services
• Produce will be sorted and delivered every Monday between Memorial Day and the end of October.
• Please leave your donations in the "Donation Station" before 8 am.
• Brush off dirt and place food into crates in the coolbot.
• Label hot peppers and any unusual produce.
Additional days may be added as the season progresses. Check here often for schedule updates!
The donation program is run ENTIRELY by volunteers- we need your help! It helps if volunteers sign up on our "members only" website. Here's how it works:
1. Click this link to go to our event page
2. Select the date you would like to volunteer for. Click "register". Confirm your email and click "next".
3. Select the option "deliver produce", "sort & weigh produce", or "sort/weigh & deliver". Click "next".
4. Click "confirm".
5. If you wish to UNREGISTER, go back to your garden profile and select the "my event registrations" page. Click on the event you wish to unregister from, then click on "already registered". Click on "cancel registration".
2015: 1,604 pounds
2016: 3,190 pounds
2017: 3,709 pounds
2018: 4,126.75 pounds
2019: 4,993 pounds
2020: Goal of 5,250 pounds!
How is the game played?If using a handheld GPS device (such as a Garmin, Magellan, Lowrance, etc.):
- Register for a free basic membership on geocaching.com.
- Visit the Hide & Seek a Cache page to locate a cache nearby.
- Select a cache to view its cache page which lists the cache description, GPS coordinates, and other instructions on how to find the cache.
- Load the coordinates into your GPS device and naviagate to the hidden cache.
- Sign the logbook inside the cache and log your visit online on geocaching.com.
- Download geocaching.com app from your app store (there is an Intro version which only allows you to navigate to 3 caches before it makes you upgrade and there is the full version which is $9.99).
- Log-in using your geocaching.com username or create a free geocaching.com username if you do not have one.
- Once logged in, press "Find Nearby Caches."
- Choose the appropriate cache from the list. The cache page should appear.
- Press "Navigate to Cache." A map should appear showing your location in relation to the cache location.
- Navigate to the cache and sign the logbook when you find it. Go back to the cache page and press "Post a Log/Field Note" to post a log online.
Duke Farms GeoTrail
The Duke Farms GeoTrail is a geocaching challenge consisting of 11 different caches placed around the property. It is a unique journey through a variety of native habitats and landscapes.
To complete the challenge you have to fill out the GeoTrail brochure and uncover the secret word, then present your completed brochure to the front desk staff in the Orientation Center to receive your commemorative token (GeoTrail brochures are available at the front desk in the Orientation Center).