This resource was created by Abigail Schmid and Kate Reilly.
After the sun goes down, there are still many nature-based adventures for families to enjoy.
- BINGO: A nighttime activity where you can select words to describe the objects you are seeking. Use it as a scavenger hunt. There are also guiding questions that you can use to debrief your experience.
- My Very Own BINGO Board: Create a personalized BINGO game to match the setting where you are playing. If it’s your backyard, apartment grounds, or just looking out the window, you can share this scavenger hunt with members of your family. Or take a snapshot of the board, share it with a friend, and play with someone using facetime or a video conference tool for long-distance fun.
- Nocturnal Animals: Test your knowledge of commonly-found animals in our region and learn some interesting information about how these animals thrive.
- Our Night Sky Part 1: Information about the night sky and wildlife with an identification activity.
- Our Night Sky Part 2: Take a look at the bigger picture of Earth and beyond.
- Additional Resources and Learning Standards: Includes a list of picture books with links to hear the book read aloud about animals that you may see at night. Sample learning standards in science, ELA, and math provide a few ideas on curriculum integration.