Please note: Duke Farms Bikeshare is now closed for the season in order to repair and properly store our fleet.
WHEN THE PROGRAM IS RUNNING FROM APRIL 1 THROUGH OCTOBER 31, Our Bikeshare Program allows visitors to rent bicycles to explore the property to see areas they haven't made it yet on foot and use pedal power. It is located about 3/4 of a mile from the Orientation Center inside the core property under a large tent. Bike rentals are $7 for two (2) hours for adults and $5 for for riders under 18. Those who refuse to wear a helmet will not be allowed to rent a bike. We have 3 adult tricycles that can be reserved for visitors requesting accessible bike options. For a full rundown of the program, please visit the FAQs.
Bike rentals are seasonal and end on October 31, 2019. There are no bikes available between November 1 and the spring. The seasonal hours of operation are:
|Monday||10:00 am to 6:00 pm|
|Tuesday||10:00 am to 6:00 pm|
|Thursday||10:00 am to 6:00 pm|
|Friday||10:00 am to 6:00 pm|
|Saturday||9:00 am to 6:00 pm|
|Sunday||9:00 am to 6:00 pm|
Please note that the last bicycle rental time is no later than 5:00 pm.
Bike Sizes Available:
Children's bikes for ages 5-8 (5 bikes)
Youth bikes for ages 9-12 (10 bikes)
Adult bikes for ages 13+ (110 bikes)
How to Participate
- Step 1: Locate the Duke Farms Bike Tent inside the core property and tell them that you’d like to borrow a bicycle.
- Step 2: Present photo identification to the staff member and fill out an electronic liability waiver. You can fill it out in advance here.
- Step 3: Review the program guidelines and complete your credit card or debit card transaction charge of $7 (adults) and $5 (under 18) for each ride. Each ride should be limited to a two-hour maximum.
- Step 4: Grab a helmet and bicycle (required)! Off you go!
For more information please email email@example.com or call 908-243-3644. Thank you.
How is the game played?If using a handheld GPS device (such as a Garmin, Magellan, Lowrance, etc.):
- Register for a free basic membership on geocaching.com.
- Visit the Hide & Seek a Cache page to locate a cache nearby.
- Select a cache to view its cache page which lists the cache description, GPS coordinates, and other instructions on how to find the cache.
- Load the coordinates into your GPS device and naviagate to the hidden cache.
- Sign the logbook inside the cache and log your visit online on geocaching.com.
- Download geocaching.com app from your app store (there is an Intro version which only allows you to navigate to 3 caches before it makes you upgrade and there is the full version which is $9.99).
- Log-in using your geocaching.com username or create a free geocaching.com username if you do not have one.
- Once logged in, press "Find Nearby Caches."
- Choose the appropriate cache from the list. The cache page should appear.
- Press "Navigate to Cache." A map should appear showing your location in relation to the cache location.
- Navigate to the cache and sign the logbook when you find it. Go back to the cache page and press "Post a Log/Field Note" to post a log online.
Duke Farms GeoTrail
The Duke Farms GeoTrail is a geocaching challenge consisting of 11 different caches placed around the property. It is a unique journey through a variety of native habitats and landscapes.
To complete the challenge you have to fill out the GeoTrail brochure and uncover the secret word, then present your completed brochure to the front desk staff in the Orientation Center to receive your commemorative token (GeoTrail brochures are available at the front desk in the Orientation Center).